Favorite Healing Resources- so far . . .
Lyme message of hope (you tube) – Lyme patients share messages of hope, a Lymebites.com production
Preventing Lyme Disease & Chronic Lyme
Lyme prevention tips (from my doctor)
General Lyme Info:
- Cure Unknown: Inside the Lyme Epidemic – Pamela Weintraub
- Healing Lyme: Natural Healing & Prevention of Lyme Borreliosis & Its Coinfections – Stephen Harrod Buhner
- Babesiosis Discussion with Dr. Horowitz, video – Great presentation about coinfections!
- Out of the Woods – Katina I. Makris
- Lyme411.org – NH support & advocacy group
- Tapping into Ultimate success (resouce for learning EFT) – Jack Canfield & Pamela Bruner
- Lyme ABCs -the alphabet soup of Lyme
- Late Stage Lyme Disease: Patient Information – what to expect
- The doctor diagnosed chronic Lyme disease, but many experts say it doesn’t exist – Laurie McClellan (Washington Post) – friend’s neighbor’s story.
- Under Our Skin (movie)
- Living With Lyme Disease, NH Chronicles Series on WMUR
- Lymelight’s Resource List (from another Lyme blog)
- What to do if you get bit
- See live tick larvae, nymphs and adults and how they infect you in this Babesia video. Creepy but very informative!
- Dr. Jemsek speaks out, The Truth about Lyme
Lyme humor:(I just added this on 3/17/13. If anything, we need to laugh.)
Lyme Disease Hell (silly little video)
- The Lyme Diet – Dr. Nicola McFadzean
- Nourishing Traditions – Sally Fallon
- Recipes for Repair – A Lyme Disease Cookbook – Gail & Laura Piazza
- The New Herbalist – Richard Mabey
- Minding Your Mitochondria (a healing story of feeding your brain) -Dr. Terry Wahls – TED talks video (17 min)
- When the Body Says No: Exploring the stress-disease connection – Gabor Mate, M.D. or watch him speak here.
- Radical Self-acceptance: A Buddhist guide to freeing yourself from shame – Tara Brach, PH.D
Some soothing reads for bedtime or detox soaks in the tub:
- Perseverance – Margaret J. Wheatley
- Evidence – Mary Oliver, or anything by Mary Oliver
- Prodigal Summer – Barbara Kingsolver
- One Man’s Bible – Gao Xingjian
- Peace is Every Step: The Path of Mindfulness in Everyday Life – Thich Nhat Hanh
- Collected Stories – Carol Shields, also loved The Stone Diaries & Larry’s Party
Other Lyme blogs & stories (in good company):
Katina Makris – Journeys in Healing (NH)
Watch Me Unfold (NH)
Decimawho’s Lyme Disease, Love and Laughs (UK)
The Tick That Bit Me
Energy Medicine & Chronic Illness (Cee Neuner)Key Lyme Pie
Daryl Hall speaks on You Tube about his Lyme Disease
Amy Tan’s blog post, Slyme Disease: How a Speck Changed My Live
Punk Rocker Kathleen Hanna’s career effected by Lyme; makes documentary
2 thoughts on “Resources for Lyme”
There is one blogger that I have read about how the disease have changed her entire life. I’m sorry that you came to this.
Thanks for your Kind words. It has changed many people’s lives. I am lucky that mine is well managed.